Is it Blaugust again already? Oh my!
For 2014 I’m joined once again by John and Thom. Jimmy will hopefully get some stuff up for the last week of August, but will otherwise be absent (he was doing too well, after all, so we sent him off to Sweden). I’m also joined by a host of new Blaugust challengers:
Mark, Paul, Mason, Michael, Rosie, Kevin, Pichy, Laura, Jimmy 2, Shaun, Grant, Brad and probably a few others! Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
This year I’m aiming to get at least five posts up a week. After last year’s shameful showing I’m a little wary of promising too much but for each day of the week I’m also aiming to get content somewhat like the following up:
- Fan-Art Fridays for Fan Art of comics, anime, games, whatever else takes my fancy!
- Sketchbook Saturdays for scribbles, in-progress ideas and art from my sketchbook.
- Simulacrum Sundays for portraiture, still-lifes, drawing from real-life type stuff
- Mega Mondays to document the progress of my Pokémon Mega Evolution art project (and to ensure I can’t just use Pokémon for Fridays)
- TMBG Tuesdays for art inspired by TMBG songs. I’d planned to spend a month doing this after my successful Blaugust 2012 run but ended up too tired to do so. I’m reviving the idea for Blaugust this year!
- Wheezing Wednesdays for the very worst of my accordion repertoire.
- Three-Dee Thursdays – documenting projects from throughout the year that have more dimensions to them than just my flat ol’ paintings.
Today’s fan art pieces feature characters from a comic that I also drew last year. It’s the SuperFogeys! Here are a young Spy Gal and Captain Spectacular.
Laura brought around some marker pens the other week and I tried them out on a drawing that I decided to turn into Spy Gal. However I forgot that the characters in the SuperFogeys only have four fingers on each hand! John noticed while I was drawing but because I was yet to put the black on Spy Gal’s costume, he assumed I was drawing an alternate version of the character who has the “correct” number of fingers. Nope. Whoops.
The markers were a bit tricky for me. I guess I’m just not that used to how unforgiving they are. So I retreated back to familiar ol’ watercolours for Captain Spectacular and the below painting of Dark Maiden. (Who I also forgot to only put four fingers on, then had to fix half-way through inking).
Man, I love Dark Maiden’s costume!